We met on a Saturday, I was lonely, on a search to find a recipe, great content and Ms. P appeared in my search engine.
I have to admit our meeting was me in need of information, my way to make cupcakes call death by chocolate. So I went on her site, and I found me lost in her land. Loads and loads of information. I knew I would never leave her side. I know way too deep about site but it is a marketing gift to all authors looking to expand their brand. Why oh Why are authors not using Pinterest?
My bestie in my head and favorite social media has some facts we authors should know.
1. Pinterest has five times referral power than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin. My bestie has no problem with sharing the love and bragging about your book, service, and/or product.
2. She offers the opportunity to have a business page. Yes, my bestie has no issues with pumping your brand. So Why are you just getting recipes and new hair dos off her page? You should have a business page and selling your books there.
3. She is my top referrer and in a close second is Instagram. Twitter only shares your top post. Facebook. Like most besties she has flaws too. Though she may bring traffic to your site, your book, and blogs there is also what is called bounce traffic. Bounce traffic is those who look but don't read..
4. My bestie is all about visual content and not very social. There is no beefs on her page because she is about her business. She is about your business.
So how do you connect and stay relevant on Pinterest?
1. Set up a business account.
Why? It gives you analytics on your page. My girl is a true friend because she gives you a snap shot of what pins are working and which ones are not. She gives you access to all business tools and allow you to embed her onto your blogs.
2.Write a nice profile
Use keywords and verbs because she operates like a search engine.
3. Create Theme Boards
Center around books, writing, and also what you love, fun in the sun, and don't forget keywords and links to your blog, website.
4. Get Verified
Connect your site to Pinterest and consistency is key.
5. Get active
Post daily, give good content and write a great description and get creative.
6. Pin from other Good Sources
My Bestie's model is sharing is caring. Pin and you will be repinned.
7. Create a Group Board and Join another board
Make connection with other Pinners. Let them teach you what they know. Pinterest is all that and a bag
of popcorn and hot sauce.
8. Advertise, Sell Your Product and or book.
Remember the traffic it gets on a daily basics.
9. Have Fun with my bestie and treat her right or else.
Happy Pinners and check out my Pinterest and be sure to follow me.
Every Thursday is Self-publishing tips and book promotion. To stay in the look don't forget to sign up for my email list.